EDUCATION & TRAINING
• Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Harvard University
• Pre-doctoral internship at Northwestern University Medical Center
• Post-doctoral fellowship in behavioral medicine at Stanford University, Department of Psychiatry
CLINICAL INTERESTS & EXPERTISE
• Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
• Anxiety disorders
Dr. Angel has an extensive training background in cognitive-behavioral therapy and dialectical behavior therapy. He specializes in the treatment of depression and anxiety disorders from these perspectives and strives to integrate other modalities in his clinical work including emotion focused therapy, mindfulness techniques and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT). Dr. Angel practices in both San Francisco and Palo Alto. He speaks Spanish fluently and often conducts therapy in Spanish.
• Cognitive Aspects of Depression
• Pain & Self-Harm
• Obsessive-compulsive disorder
Dr. Angel has taught undergraduate psychology courses at Harvard University and at Palo Alto University focusing on Personality Disorders, Social & Clinical psychology.